The $15,000 which Gridskippers would like to raise via the 2016 Rickshaw Run will be donated to ArtsConnection, an organization committed to providing high-quality arts education and cultural experiences to children in NYC's public schools.
ArtsConnection by the Numbers
35--Years of keeping the arts central to the lives of NYC’s public school students, their schools and communities
74--Community-based organizations partnering in our High 5 Tickets to the Arts program
110--Partner schools with customized artist residency programs designed to complement each school’s unique curriculum and student needs
550--Student artworks—from 56 NYC public middle and high schools—professionally framed and installed in corporate offices throughout NYC
1268--NYC classrooms served
1,400--NYC public school educators attending professional development sessions
13,000--Hours of instruction for students
22,000--Free and discounted tickets from major cultural and performing arts venues made available to teenagers through our High 5 Tickets to the Arts program
50,000--NYC students participating in-school and after-school
in arts residencies taught by practicing artists in theater, dance, visual arts, music and media
Statistics above reflect ArtsConnection’s activity from September 1, 2013 – August 31, 2014
LINKING LEARNING AND THE ARTS
Since 1979, ArtsConnection has provided innovative arts programming to millions of students in the New York City public school system, enhancing children’s intellectual, personal and social growth, while developing award-winning educational models. ArtsConnection’s programming for students, professional development, and research all contribute to a comprehensive approach, nationally recognized for its quality, design and impact across diverse learning communities.
- Customized in-school programming to over 110 schools, preK-12, city-wide, serving tens of thousands of young people annually
- Out-of-school programs for teens, providing experience-rich opportunities for young people to engage in NYC’s cultural world
- Free and reduced-priced tickets to performances and cultural venues through our High5 Tickets program
- Extensive professional development opportunities for classroom teachers and arts specialists, as well as for our own teaching artists
- On-line resources for educators and like-minded practitioners to enrich the arts education field
ArtsConnection's mission is to ensure the arts are an essential part of eduction. They connect performing and visual artists with children, teens, families and schools in creative partnerships for teaching and learning.